Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just Keep Swimming...Just Keep Swimming...

Have you ever given up on something because you thought it would be too hard or you weren't good enough?

I have! All the time in fact until recently. I'd write stories and send them in waiting for the rejection email to say it wasn't what they wanted, so that I could tell myself "see you aren't good enough." But for some unknown reason I kept at it, kept trying and suddenly my attitude was, maybe I can do it! My dear friend Suz encouraged me constantly not to give up and now my confidence is at an all time high. It's okay to take a break from your dreams to see if it truly is your passion. Every time I was curled up on the couch watching the TV I'd find myself day dreaming and brainstorming of a new WIP and curse myself for ever thinking of giving up. I enjoy writing, even if it's just for me and no one will ever see it. Don't let your dreams slip through the cracks because you think it's too hard to catch!


0 comments: